Wednesday, September 4, 2013

All Aboard!

     Today I am beginning my venture around the Internet! On any voyage, the first thing you must get in order is transportation. This blog will serve as my ship, and I am doing my best to get it into tip-top shape. I am a bit apprehensive as this is my first blogging experience, but with the help of many different Internet websites with helpful tips I am confident that I will get the hang of things soon.
     Before this, I have not had much exposure to the blogging world. Sure, I have looked at various blogs, but I had never attempted to create my own. I am now learning that blogging is an important part of social media. It is a way to expose yourself and your ideas to the world, and it is a way to share your knowledge and learning experiences. It is also a great way to get connected with other people with the same interests as you, as well as promote a business or organization.
     After doing a bit of in-class research, I chose Blogger as the home for my blog. It looked easy to use, customize, and access. While it took me a few hours of playing around to fully understand the various tools and features of this site, I am ultimately happy with my choice. Thank you for accompanying me on my journey!
 

5 comments:

  1. I love your blog! It has a great (and very fitting) theme. It's really cute, very personalized, but also very professional. I love how you compared the blog to a ship.
    Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very awesome analogy! I love how organized and professional looking your blog is. You can definitely tell you have experience with social media sites. Even if you weren't familar with blogging prior to the class, you still did a great job on creating an appealing blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a good blog to me, looking forward to your future posts. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like how you used a ship and incorporated it into your blog! Your writing in very creative and informative, can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like how you have picked a theme and continued to use it throughout your title, layout and posts. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete