Friday, December 13, 2013

Exploring Digital Media (260) Reflection

     All in all, I am very glad that I took this course. Coming in, I was pretty confident on my grasp of social media and my skills with a computer. However, I learned so much over the four months I was enrolled in the class. Before this, I never viewed Twitter as a professional platform that could benefit an elementary education major. I had no idea how to build a website, and I thought that blogging was something that was fading into the past. I didn't know that young, aspiring students could benefit from joining LinkedIn, and I had no interest in posting a YouTube video, or in sending out surveys to gather information. Looking back at my naive self, I am so glad that I enrolled in this course, and I feel more prepared for my future as an elementary education teacher because of it.
     With social media and technology becoming such a large part of our society, everyone needs to have these skills if they want to be successful in their future careers. The world is shifting to a digital one, and I am so glad that I took the time to attend this course. I know that I still have a lot to learn when it comes to the interent, but I feel that this has been a great starting point.

No comments:

Post a Comment